Thursday 31 March 2011

DTP Week 2 Day 2 -- Arms

OK! Verdict! I will NEVER EVER use machines or in this particular case, cables for my DTP bi's ever again! It was so bad that I couldn't even describe how ineffective it was to get the pump surging in my bi's. And before I felt the burn, my shoulders wear off due to the strain of holding the cable bar in which the force was acting slightly in front of me, not directly downwards! If not for that stupid gymnastic class in the cardio gym, I wouldn't even wanna do the sets with anything other than barbells. SHIT!

Alright, chill. So the workout schedule of the day. I warmed up with some parallel-grip chin-ups: 7, 7, 9; body only. Pretty good, I'm starting to feel that my chin-up strength is starting to come back rather rapidly.

I moved on to machine preacher curls tri-set, 15 x 18.1kg (40lbs) of different grips; closed, shoulder-width and wide. My bi's were decently pumped then so I jumped right to standing cable curls:

1st set: 50 x 11.3kg (25lbs)
Did I say it was burning already? One hell of a set I say but the pump, not quite.

2nd set: 40 x 13.6kg (30lbs)
Like the last set, the reps were painful but the pump was just not quite good. There was a pump there though, but not as pumped as I would like it to be.

3rd set: 30 x 15.9kg (35lbs)
OK, this is really killing my front delts which were holding the weights and that was all wrong! It was supposed to be my bi's soring!

4th set: 20 x 20.4kg (45lbs)
This set was pretty OK I guess. My bi's were feeling the majority of the weight and it was burning. My forearms were starting to feel the tightness too.

5th set: 10 x 27.2kg (60lbs)
Alright, this set was too easy. My bi's were NOWHERE near failure. Didn't really struggled.

6th set: 10 x 31.8kg (70lbs)
Since the last set felt too light, I figured that I should increase the weight on this set and man, was I glad to do that. Failing real badly but again, my bi's were not as pumped as they were supposed to be in the state of failure, compared to barbell curls.

7th set: 20 x 22.7kg (50lbs)
From this set onwards, I leaned a little to the front and limited my ROM a little. Vuala! That was the solution! My delts were not stressing so much as before and the pump was slightly better, still not enough though. Wasn't an easy set at all.

8th set: 30 x 20.4kg (45lbs)
One word: "BURNOUT!"

9th set: 40 x 15.9kg (35lbs)
Thank goodness for leaning forward. My bi's were really pumped and my forearms, pretty decent.

10th set: 50 x 13.6kg (30lbs)
Pretty decent set and I was so hoping that it could get over quicker. My delts were burning...Hey, wasn't I supposed to feel that on my bi's?

So my conclusions here is, while doing compound exercises with high repetitions, DO NOT use cables or machines which will cause unnecessary stress on other muscle groups.

3 x 10 body-only dips and I was good to go. V-bar cable pushdown! Man, I was so off on my estimations...Zzz...:

1st set: 50 x 15.9kg (35lbs)
What the hell!?!? I felt as if there wasn't any weights there at all! LOL!

2nd set: 40 x 20.4kg (45lbs)
Again, I felt nothing...Too easy.

3rd set: 30 x 27.2kg (60lbs)
Still fairly easy for a third set but I was starting to feel the pump here.

4th set: 20 x 36.3kg (80lbs)
This set was pretty good and the pump, fairly good.

5th set: 10 x 45.4kg (100lbs)
Though but no failure. Pretty good pump then. I was thinking that if I estimated the weights better for the previous sets, I believe I should be failing in this set.

6th set: 10 x 49.9kg (110 lbs)
I figured that since I didn't bring my tri's to failure on the previous one, I increase weight here. And it was the right decision. The last 3 reps literally took me a second each.

7th set: 20 x 40.8kg (90lbs)
I switched to a T-bar extension on this one for better contraction. I wanted to do so in the previous set but the bar was occupied. I was practically rest-pausing in every other rep once I hit the 10 reps mark. Tough shit!

8th set: 30 x 31.8kg (70lbs)
Like the previous set, it took me ages to get over this set. Not easy and my tri's were literally blown up.

9th set: 40 x 27.2kg (60lbs)
Oh boy...It was so taxing on my tri's that before I know it, I was no longer looking into the mirror, rather, looking at the floor. So focused on my tri's that I knew, if I took a split second away from my tri's, I was gonna bail outta the set.

10th set: 50 x 22.7kg (50lbs)
It was so bad that I was grunting, basically almost every rep after I finished half the set. I bet the people around me were laughing at me, grunting at this weight. But who cares!?!?

And since my first sets were basically bullshit, I figured that I would do a set of double drop set of machine dips to finish off my tri's at 15 x 38.6kg (85lbs), 15 x 27.2kg (60lbs) & 15 x 20.4kg (45lbs).

So there goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Look at me, I am not famous!