Thursday 10 March 2011

Cardio -- Day 2

Today marks the second day of my cardio and the reason why I skipped a day is because I felt really weak yesterday. I believe my CNS felt under stressed with legs workout followed by a never before cardio session on the very next day.

And so I warmed-up with parallel-grip chin-ups, once again, as usual. I then head to the elliptical trainer for 10 minutes with L7 this time. Figured I should turn up the notch to keep my heart rate pumping higher. A total of 116 kcal of calories was burned there.

Next stop was the most dreadful thing of all, the 60 seconds interval. Man, the more I do, the more I hate this shit. I tried challenging myself with a 5 incline level. Damn...I couldn't do more than 3 sets. By then, my heart rate was pumping at around 175.

I moved on to machine rows for another 15 minutes and I could feel that my soreness from the legs workout earlier this week was still there and I was so damn close to hitting the 3000m mark with only 11m to go!!! Never, it was an improvement from last time, 16m further this time.

Then it was kettlebell. This time, the proper one. 24 kg and I did 2 sets of 15 and one last set of 17 reps. Totally failed the muscles. Sweet!

Box jump was next. I did gradual box jumps. I intended to do 3 sets of 6 but I got distracted, talking to my classmate and did only 2. Not very good because my heart rate significantly dropped...no more panting. NOT GOOD!

Last but not least, power cleans again. As said on the previous paragraph, the intensity level is no longer there, so I did only 3 sets of 12 and that ends the day. Skipped abs, obviously because if not, I would've spend a much longer time in there which is far from ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Look at me, I am not famous!