Sunday 20 March 2011

DTP Week 1 Day 1 -- Legs

Yeah yeah, I know, I didn't finish my cardio stuffs and I did say that I wanted to move on to GVT then to FST-7. But hey, it's just because I didn't do as much cardio that I was supposed to do, hence DTP! So I'm gonna be on this regime for at least 4~6 weeks, 8 weeks max.

So today is the first day for my DTP and as usual, I always start my week with legs. I don't know why but I think to me, legs is more important than other parts of the body because without strong legs, the rest of the body ain't gonna grow.

OK! Today I started of by warming up and slightly pre-exhaust my legs by doing 5 supersets of leg extensions and hamstring curls. 5x(15+15) with 45kg (100lbs) for both exercises and for the last superset, I raised the weight to 52kg (120lbs) for both exercises.

Didn't feel pre-exhausted at all but I felt that my legs were good to go. Now, the real deal. DTP on leg press machine.

I started off with narrow stance leg presses,
1st set: 50 x 50kg (110lbs)
2nd set: 40 x 90kg (198 lbs)
3rd set: 30 x 110kg (242lbs)
4th set: 20 x 130kg (287lbs)
5th set: 10 x 170kg (375lbs)

Then I switched to the wide stance which is the one commonly used by most people,
6th set: 10 x 170kg (375lbs)
7th set: 20 x 130kg (287lbs)
8th set: 30 x 110kg (242lbs)
9th set: 40 x 90kg (198 lbs)
10th set: 50 x 50kg (110lbs)

As you can see, I didn't go for my max on the 5th and 6th set because I wasn't sure how my legs will respond since I've never done such reps for my legs, in fact, any part of my body. But I believe I can go much heavier the next time because I wasn't anywhere near failure on those 2 sets.

By the way, I felt extremely sick after my last set. Was really outta breath and felt a little like puking. It's legs and the first time on DTP, so it's understandable. In which, when I think about it, what's gonna happen when I finish this week with DTP for every single body part? Damn...

2 comments:

  1. You da man!!thats awsome! Guess u gonna do 1-2 body parts per week or full body for 3 weeks then rest??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna go full body for 3 weeks. Then 2 weeks of moderate training then depending on the situation, I'll continue on certain body parts if necessary.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Look at me, I am not famous!