Thursday 7 April 2011

DTP Week 3 Day 2 -- Arms

Few days ago, I received this sample N.O. product, API Rocked so I thought that since it's free, I should just try it. Tasted OK, not great and the effect was fairly good I would say. HOWEVER, it was not as good as naNo Vapor, not even close. But it did it's job so no complaints.

So with my pre-workout protein and N.O. kicked in, I warmed-up with machine preacher curls. I wanted to do a tri-set of 20 reps with 3 different variations of the grip. But when I was doing the 3rd part of the set, I stopped at 5 because my biceps were decently pumped and I figured that it was already 45 reps, no point going any further since I was gonna do DTP. For other routines, yes, I would've forced myself to finish it but hey...It's DTP after that, you can't blame me right?

And thank goodness that I reminded myself to go to the gym a little later today to avoid any classes in the circuit gym. With all the pre-fixed barbell there, free to use, I headed on with standing barbell curls,

I started with closed-grip to target my outter head of my bi's, since it has always been pretty weak:
1st set: 50 x 10kg (22lbs)
2nd set: 40 x 12.5kg (28lbs)
3rd set: 30 x 15kg (33lbs)
4th set: 20 x 17.5kg (39lbs)
5th set: 10 x 25kg (55lbs)

I felt strong and I wanted to do an extra 2 sets but the heaviest pre-fixed barbell we have was the 25kg (55lbs) barbell. Too bad...The only way to increase intensity in this case was to shorten the rest time and force myself to take shorter and significantly less rest-pauses in between reps.

After the first 5 sets, I changed my grip to shoulder-width apart:
6th set: 10 x 25kg (55lbs)
7th set: 20 x 17.5kg (39lbs)
8th set: 30 x 15kg (33lbs)
9th set: 40 x 12.5kg (28lbs)
10th set: 50 x 10kg (22lbs)

My forearm was seriously tight and I felt as if I flex for too long, my whole arm could've cramped. Hahaha!!!


5 minutes rest, sitting on the stepper on the pull-up/dips machine, I looked up to the TV and there it was...Rooney scored the first and only goal for Manchester United against Chelsea...LOL! The only 5 minutes on TV and I saw the moment of the goal. Hahaha!

OK, back to business, jokes aside. 3 x 12 dips, body-only to get my tri's going and all fired up. I thought of keeping the momentum going so I decided to do machine dips for my DTP:

1st set: 50 x 39kg (85lbs)
2nd set: 40 x 45kg (100lbs)
3rd set: 30 x 52kg (115lbs)
4th set: 20 x 59kg (130lbs)
5th set: 10 x 66kg (145lbs)

I had a hunch that it would be a bad idea to do machine dips and it really was. No doubt, my tri's were insanely pumped but I wasn't able to keep good form to do the reps unless I limit my ROM and that was not a good sign. Therefore I decided to change my exercise to straight bar cable pushdown to finish off the sets:

6th set: 10 x 50kg (110lbs)
7th set: 20 x 41kg (90lbs)
8th set: 30 x 32kg (70lbs)
9th set: 40 x 27kg (60lbs)
10th set: 50 x 25kg (55lbs)

So there you have it! The last arms workout for my DTP so far. IT IS the 3rd week now...



Oh yeah, I had a problem with food cravings recently, especially at night. But now, it's no longer a problem because I've got these!:
By the way, it's also my first time trying Cookies & Cream flavour for my Nitro-Tech. Pretty excited to taste it. Hope MuscleTech won't disappoint me. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Look at me, I am not famous!