Thursday 7 February 2013

Pulverizing Shoulders with DTP

The past week had been hectic. Work was overloading me and I was suffocating, metaphorically of course. Having said that, despite the hectic schedule, we made no excuse to skip our workout sessions. When it's crunch time, it's crunch time.

So since the last update, I have worked on every other body parts. And since I haven't really introduce how the other body parts work on DTP, we shall break it down into different posts. Let's start of with shoulders.

In my last post, I said that the following day was supposed to be arms day, well, it wasn't. Due to the backs session on the day before, my biceps and forearm were cooked so arms were off the list. Instead, I went on to do delts. Let's see how Big Kris work on his delts DTP style:



What my partner, Hector and I did was exactly how this looks like. Trust me, it was brutal. One thing we have to very cautious about this is that the weights used in this training principle cannot be too heavy and especially when it comes to shoulders, loading too many plates may result to much higher exposure towards injuries on your supraspinatous fossa, very dangerous. But seriously, with this kind of workout that starts of with such high amount of repetitions, you really think anybody can go heavy? If there is one who can then he is either bullshitting you or he is on anabolic steroids.

So then 6 days later, it was the end of a full cycle and it was shoulders again. Since it is shoulders again, why am I mentioning it again? Wouldn't it be the same? Well, those who know me, I always like to change things up. I never liked sticking to the exact program of a training principle. There are many reasons why I do that and I shall talk about it next time in a separate post.

Anyway, so the second session of DTP shoulders started of the same as before. We did 5 sets of behind-the-back barbell military press on a smith machine. The choice of smith machine is because our triceps were still on DOMS from the pecs and backs workout the previous day. We didn't want to sacrifice the load and intensity so smith machine was the way to go. And it was clear that by isolating delts out using smith machine, the load was slightly but substantially higher than the previous workout and it definitely sucked the oxygen outta us.

For the later portion, we wanted to go on with dumbbell military presses but as soon as we picked up the weights, we realized that our strength has decreased for more than 30%, especially mine. I had no idea why but I just couldn't pick the weights up. Disheartened yet still determined to push through the session, we decided to sacrifice on the compound movement and went on with side lateral raises.

Sounds easy right? But as we slowly approach the final 2 sets, we had the fear of picking up the weights even when on the last set, it was only two 10 lbs dumbbells. Seriously, only 10 lbs. We literally had to slap each other on the back to get the other to pick up the dumbbells. It was so crazy that we had at least 2 rest-pause during the last set.

And finally, like the previous session and as shown in the video above, we finish our delts with upright rows. I went on to do 3 sets of dumbbell shrugs while Hector chickened out. Boo! Last but not least, we did abs. As usual, I did three tri-sets of crunches, raised-legged crunches and double crunches.

And that's about it! Stay tuned for the next post on our subsequent body part on DTP. Once we finish through all the body parts, I'll give everyone a recap and overview on how it has been fairing for me. So ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Look at me, I am not famous!