Friday 8 February 2013

DTP Arms Attack


So we took a day off and then continued our DTP journey with an arms day. As usual, take a look at the video below to see how it is supposedly done as designed by Big Kris:



For this arms workout session, Hector wasn’t around so I was all alone to suffer. The session was almost like it shown in the video above. The first 5 supersets were on cables, straight bar biceps curls supersetting with triceps pushdown with rope extension. The choice for pushdowns over overhead extensions is because I injured my infraspinatus a couple years back so picking up the weight and place it over my head. Yeah, I know, it sucks. Anyway, so then the next 5 sets were straight barbell biceps curls supersetting with straight barbell skull crushers.

There isn’t much to talk about an arms workout actually. Just the fact that a DTP arms session is absolutely tormenting. And honestly, I really don’t know what more to write about.

Then, I went on to do some calves. I haven’t found anything for calves on DTP but come on, it’s calves we are talking about. So yes, nothing much. I just did calves raises on a leg press machine supersetting with plyometric standing calves raises, ending with burn-out reps. For those who do not know what burn-out reps are, it is basically short burst of a certain movement and you just keep doing it until it burns so badly that you can’t stand it anymore then you stop. It does sound like our normal reps and just reach failure but there’s a slight difference. We’ll talk about it next time in another post to describe the different kinds of sets and reps. If anyone out there has some suggestions and wanna know more about a certain kind of workout set and techniques regarding repetitions, please comment below so I know what I have to write the next time.

As usual, last but not least, I finished up with my abs with three tri-sets of crunches, raised-legged crunches and double crunches. So for now, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Look at me, I am not famous!